Monday, September 12, 2016

Great day at MB forecast well off a Big Blow.

Amazing 15-20 SSW on NOAA goes to 40mph by 11am and challenges just holding the 9 down for awhile. Classic Saturday partly cloudy 75 degrees at MB with 5-10 WS out and 20-30 kiters. A gift for sure on a Saturday. I got out by 9 on the 9m and never got off it. Only negative was weeds and one run on the Duke saying no way. Mako was great though especially repeated heelside downwinder slashing and drifting. What's amazing with kiting in high wind was with the wind blowing 40 fully depowered on the 9 and going upwind it was bucking gusty and hard to hold down but... Turnaround and go pretty much downwind heelside with kite over my left shoulder and it's perfection power and lip ripping spray! Had to take off some depower even-love it. Had great 3 hours in AM then got suckered out at 1 and had to race in. But by 2pm got a gift in another 2 hours solid 9. Luckily I was spent by 4pm and just got in before the 20 to zero collapse that left others swimming in. All in all a great day that was not expected. I could have even windsurfer had I guessed it would have been 4.7. Beer me x3!